Here’s how this works- There is a topic for each Learning Activity in the course. To post YOUR contribution, go to the topic for a specific Learning Activity and hit “Reply.”
Don’t start a new topic. Just hit “Reply.”
To post your thoughts on What is Community Engagement, hit “Reply” to this posting and submit your response.
In Week One of this class-
– What is community engagement? 1-3 words
– Who is already involved in water protection in your community?
• Side Bar: How are they engaged?
– Who else should be involved? Who is missing?
In Week Two of the class-
– What words stand out? What themes or connections do you see?
– Who is not engaged and why not?
– What specific actions can people take to protect water?
– Actions and barriers to action.
– What specific actions should/can people take to protect water?
Those are three very fine words. I especially like “permanent” as a way of thinking about engaging communities. Too often we look for numbers of people attending a one-day event as engagement. I think it is better to have 10 people show up more than once than to have 50 people show up once.